We highly recommend that parents of middle school day students (and parents of boarding students likely to attend games) sign up for your child's athletic team's calendar and alerts. Subscribing will enable you to receive alerts about games and any additions or changes that may occur. Here's how:
- Sign in to Blackbaud and navigate to the "Resources" tab.
- Click on the "Athletic Alerts" tile.
To Add Athletic Events to Your Calendar:
- Click the GREEN ICAL button next to the team you want to add to your calendar.
- Choose from the following depending on the calendar you are using:
- Get Standard iCal URL
- Get Google iCal URL
- Add to Default Calendar App (Outlook 2k7, Apple iCal, etc.)
- Copy the URL.
- Paste the URL into the appropriate location within your calendar settings.
To Sign Up for Athletic Alerts:
- Click the BLUE Alerts button next to the team you wish to receive alerts about. We highly recommend that parents of middle school day students sign up for their team's alerts-- this is how you will be notified if a game has been canceled or rescheduled and if your child's team will return later than expected from an away game.
- Check the appropriate boxes under "Alert Settings" to determine whether you want to receive email, text, or both alerts. You can also choose your options.
Please note that away-game protocol is that if a team returns later than 15 minutes past the time listed on the Parent Bulletin, coaches contact the AOD. The AOD will then contact a member of the Communications Office, who will then post the alert.
Please get in touch with Dawn Chmura if you have questions or problems.